Terms & Conditions
Pick up and Drop off Location
£30 shared Shared Shuttles are pickup and drop off location IN St Andrews town ONLY, additional costs for locations outwith St Andrews may apply and will be advised at time of booking
£30 shared Shared Shuttles and Shares taxis - If you are NOT ready at specified time the driver may leave St Andrews without you, or if the driver has to come back for you we reserve the right to charge you an additional fee of £5 over & above the agreed fare. If the driver has already left town we reserve the right not to return to collect you.
Private and shared taxi fares quoted are only for the agreed pick up and drop off locations, any additional stops will incur additional costs, these must be prearranged. The driver reserves the right to charge the relevant fare and waiting time.
We reserve the right to amend the quoted price before offering a suitable vehicle. This may be due to the pickup / drop off location provided if the location is out with St Andrews town centre.
We reserve the right to amend the price quoted if you request any adjustments to your booking.
St Andrews Shuttle cannot accept responsibility if you miss your flight due to the following: -
- Incorrect information supplied in the booking
- If you do not show up at the agreed time
- If you do not show up at the agreed pickup point
- If you have extra luggage we have not been informed about, you may be refused to travel with us.
- If your conduct is unacceptable in our vehicles, towards other passengers or the driver, you may be refused to travel with us.
Conduct in our vehicles: -
- We ask you to behave in a manner that you would expect others to behave towards you.
- In appropriate behaviour towards fellow passengers or driver may see you refused travel with us.
- No drinking or eating is permitted in our vehicles
- No smoking is permitted in our vehicles
- Anyone who is under the influence of alcohol or other substances may be refused to travel with us.
- We reserve the right to charge any passenger for soiling the vehicle interior. The charge for this is fixed at £100.00 GBP
St Andrews Shuttle: -
- Will do our best to acknowledge and confirm your booking within 24 hours of receiving your travel request, if your booking is more than 7 days away please allow up to 72 hours for us to respond back, particularly during the busy period at the start and end of each term.
- Will confirm pick up points and exact pick up time via email at 7pm the evening before you travel.
- Will take road works into account which may affect travelling time, i.e. we may have to revise pick up times to take this into consideration
- Will meet and greet you at the airport arrivals gate on you return journey to St Andrews and take you to join others waiting for the same shuttle
- Reserve the right to charge £10.00 GBP for extra luggage - Standard accepted per person is 1 checked suitcase/duffel bag (or similar) and 2 items of hand luggage.
- Golf clubs; bikes; surf boards; skis; 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc, cases will all incur the extra cost (see price list).
- Reserve the right to refuse to take extra luggage if we are unable to accommodate this in our vehicles, particularly if we have not been made aware of it, this means you may be refused to travel with us.
- Will advise you of the shuttle departure time from the airport at the time of your booking. We will do what we can to minimise the wait at the airport after you land, but cannot be held responsible for flight delays.
- We would be obliged if you would call us on +44 7902 488 770 as soon as possible failure to do so may result in the vehicle leaving without you, for which we accept no responsibility.
We would be obliged if you can let us know at the earliest opportunity if you need to cancel.
- You will still be required to pay the agreed fare if: -
- You do not cancel your booking with 24 hours’ notice (exceptions will be made);
- Book the wrong amount of seats and do not inform us;
- Book the wrong date i.e. a day too early or late and do not travel;
- Sleep in and do not travel in your reserved seat;
- You do not show up and make no contact with no explanation;
- Double book with another company and do not travel with us.
Where you have prepaid for your journey and a refund is due, we reserve the right to retain the fee we have been charged for processing your payment, the remainder will be refunded.
Airport Meet & Greet additional costs: -
We politely ask you to inform us immediately if any of your group are on different flights – failure to do so may incur additional costs to you for the drivers waiting time - £30.00 per hour or part there of.
In our experience the approximate time you need to disembark the plane, clear passport control, collect luggage and get to the meeting point is 40 minutes for a domestic flight and, 60 minutes for an International flight.
If you believe you will NOT make the meeting point in the allocated time please contact the drivers number (provided the evening before you travel) so the driver can delay entering the car park until you are ready to leave.
There are circumstances where delays occur and additional parking costs can be incurred – being held at passport control, customs or when baggage is lost
In regards to the parking costs – AFTER your flight actually lands the driver will enter the car park 35 minutes for domestic flight, 55 minutes for International flights
The driver will pay the initial parking cost of £4.00, this gives the driver 25 minutes to enter the car park, meet you, get back to the vehicle and exit the car park.
If the total time in the car park (from entering to exiting) exceeds 25 minutes, there is an additional £5.00 GBP. If the total time exceeds 55 minutes, there is an additional £9.00 GBP.
While we will do everything we can to ensure that we get you to the airport on time there are circumstances out with our control for which we accept no responsibility for, these are as follows, but not limited to: -
- Weather conditions (i.e. High winds at Queensferry Crossing Road Bridge; Volcanic Ash; Snow)
- Excessive traffic
- Road Works
Your mobile number
Supplying us with a personal mobile number will allow us to contact you in an emergency if we need to change your pickup time. We will not provide your number to anyone other than the driver scheduled to collect you.